Who we are
Native Education College
NEC acknowledges the ancestral and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the host Nations xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
The NEC Native Education College provides a culturally appropriate and supportive learning environment for Indigenous learners, within available resources. Non-Indigenous learners are welcome.
In pursuit of this Mission, the NEC Native Education College will bring about the following results:
- Learners will experience a learning environment that respects and reflects the diversity of Indigenous culture.
- Learners get the support they need to achieve their educational goals in a way that respects their individual cultural values.
- Learners are prepared for meaningful roles in Indigenous communities and society in general.
- Graduates are prepared for employment or to go on to further their education
- Graduates receive recognition in the form of a certificate, diploma or degree.
- There is an informed respectful working relationship amongst Indigenous groups.
- The public is better informed on Indigenous education issues.
NEC is the college of choice for Indigenous learners who chose Indigenous cultural supports for the realization of their education and career goals.
Thank you to First Nations, Metis, and Indigenous Communities
The Native Education College works with First Nations, Métis, and Indigenous communities to deliver accredited post-secondary and adult upgrading programs in locations throughout British Columbia. NEC programs are developed with Indigenous content and teaching methods for Indigenous learners on our campus in east Vancouver. Our Adult Upgrading courses are recognized at all public colleges and universities in B.C. Our postsecondary certificate and diploma programs provide credit for degree programs at BC universities and institutes.